Meet our Massage Therapists
Shari Lynn is a licensed massage therapist from North Platte.She specializes in different types of massage techniques including shiatsu and medical. Shari is available Monday through Friday. Call to make an appointment today!
Carrie Blum is originally from Schuyler, Nebraska. She has been a cosmetologist since 1996 and also a cosmetologist instructor and taught in Lincoln, Nebraska. Carrie has been a Chiropractic Assistant at Avenue Chiropractic & Wellness for two years and also does waxing for the spa. She takes pride in her work in making you look your best. Call to make an appointment today!
We now have a pregnancy table!!!
Experts estimate that 80% to 90% of disease is stress-related. The incredible benefits of massage is twice as powerful if taken in regular “doses”. Besides increasing relaxation and decreasing anxiety, massage lowers your blood pressure, increases circulation, helps you sleep better, boosts your immunity, and provides emotional balance. Massage works to resolve the cause of your pain, rather than treat isolated symptoms.
Recently the spa area at Avenue Chiropractic & Wellness Clinic has added a pregnancy massage table.This table makes it possible for the mother-to-be to relax comfortably in a face down position. The pregnancy table features an adjustable abdominal sling to support the mother’s tummy and optional breast recedes for comfort at all stages of the pregnancy.
• Benefits of a prenatal massage:
• Eases back and hip pain
• Reduces stress and fatigue levels
• Can help the body prepare for delivery
• Promotes relaxation
• As the body changes during pregnancy, it can make it difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in and get a good nights rest.Massage helps soothe the nervous system and make it easier to fall asleep.
• Reduces swelling of the feet, ankles and arms. Massage increases circulation; helping to carry excess fluids from these areas.
• Encourages the body’s immunity to illness in a time when the body is extra strained and fighting for two.
• Anxiety and depression are common during pregnancy. Massage increases the secretion of dopamine and serotonin which helps to ease depression and anxiety levels.